Friday, 9 January 2015

Jean's Butterfly Quilt


Completing this quilt made me proud.  I found a sample of this quilt hanging in my local quilt shop and it was being offered as a class.  I couldn't fit the class into my schedule but I still admired it... Nancy, the owner of the shop, who I have known for a few years, had complete faith that I could make this on my own.  It looked fairly difficult to me but I took her advice and bought the pattern and kit of fabric from her shop.  I knew my youngest daughter would LOVE it for her room.

Once I started it, I couldn't stop!  It was easy and fun!  Completing each block was so gratifying.
I added an extra border and used flannel for the backing.  My only regret is I should have made it bigger.

My daughter loves it and I want to make another one with different fabrics.

The quilt patter is called "Butterfly Town" by Brookshier Design Studios.

7 comments:

  1. It's lovely! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute, I can see why your daughter loves it. I love the colours too!
    (I tried to respond to your comment on my blog, but you are a no-reply blogger, so I couldn't, sorry!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you're so pleased with it... it's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really gorgeous - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing other people's triumphant finishes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete