Tuesday, 13 January 2015

My Space

This is not an official "sewing project" finish but it is a completion of my blog and revamping it a bit. This past week I have been immersing myself in ways to connect more with other quilters and I am loving the "finish-it-up" Fridays I am finding all over quilt blogging country!  Special thanks to a few quilters who have helped me with my blog.  I am not brand new to blogging but I just created a blog specifically for my favourite art - quilting and I want to share and learn and meet new people like me.  Thanks!

This is my sewing space.  It ain't pretty... but it's bright, cozy and close to what's going on in my home.  It's mixed right in with our living room but at this point in time, this seems to be the best spot for me.




We live in a large stone farmhouse.  The basement is purely storage... I try my best to avoid it as much as possible.  The upstairs has plenty of bedrooms, with a spare room, but I don't want to be far away from our main space.  I know when the kids are grown, we won't need a playroom, which shares with the laundry room, so I will take over that spot but for now, this is all I need.  I struggle constantly with how cluttered a sewing room can get but that's our life right now.  What I love about the location of my space is that I can teach and monitor my kids as they learn to sew.  Our oldest daughter loves playing around with fabric and having it all right at her fingertips, with me keeping a close eye, is perfect.




2 comments:

  1. It seems like your sewing space fits your life perfectly for now, which is all any of us can ask for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set up looks great and looks like you are ready for some creative fun! Found you blog by hosting TGIFF and glad I did...love that you live in a farmhouse...we live in a 1950's colonial...

    ReplyDelete