Friday, 27 February 2015

A Gift For My Mom


I hope my mom doesn't read my blog for a few days...
I just finished a little project for her but need to mail it off to southern Ontario, where she lives.  She gave me some fabric in January to make her a table topper to match her chair covers (my mom LOVES to match things together) and I had a wee bit left over to make up some cute little coasters.  It will be perfect in her kitchen.


I meant to take more pictures as I went along but alas I did not!  Anyways, I found a new technique for adding binding, which I thought would work really well for small items such as coasters.  I just laid the top and batting (squared up) on a piece of backing and cut 1" around the outer edge of the top.  Once I did some magical folding and ironing (my poor fingers were scalded) I sewed around the binding.  I wouldn't do this for bigger projects but for coasters it worked well.

Here is the link I found for picture instructions:  Cheater Binding

Thanks for stopping by... today I am linking up with:


2 comments:

  1. Oh, your mom is going to be thrilled to receive this set, Deb. What a smart idea to make the binding from the backing. Hope your fingertips are alright!

    ReplyDelete