Monday, 16 February 2015

Learning to Make a Fabric Box

Last week I spent the better part of two days at my local quilt shop http://sewinspired.ca/ , one of my happy places, and learned to make a cute little fabric box. I love taking classes that stretch my abilities and this definitely did that!  Making the pockets and putting in the zippers was much easier than I thought but it got a lot more difficult when it was time to sew the structure together (we used peltex for the sides and bottom) which made the actual sewing tricky and then sewing the binding was challenging but I did it!  I am happy with how it turned out and hope to make more... my two daughters might like one to!




Today I am sharing my blog post on:


and TGIFF at


Looking forward to some inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely creation, and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great box! I have that pattern but haven't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Gasp* I love it! I have been wanting to make a storage box of some sort too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pattern was fairly easy to follow. I think I will attempt another one. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Your fabric storage box turned out quite professional looking. The zippered pocket is a fun detail. Atkinson Designs makes such nice patterns. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete