Thursday, 5 March 2015

Kids and Sewing Machines



My son has taken an interest in learning to sew. Last evening I took some time to give him the basics and he just sewed lines all over some scraps. It was a good way to figure out a few the basics and then tonight he made a few "sleeping bags" for his little sister's stuffies. My oldest daughter, in the background, is making a rag quilt. It takes time to teach kids but worth it. Alex will impress his future wife with his sewing skills. I know I was impressed when my husband sat down and fixed his coveralls with my sewing machine (even though I did cringe a little...coveralls don't belong near my sewing machine). 


I am working on a quilt made with a jelly roll. It's a breeze so far!

I will share my progress soon. 



Linking up with Lorna and her Let's Be Social party:
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/p/lets-bee-social.html

4 comments:

  1. I bet your son really enjoyed getting a chance to sew and just have fun with it. My daughter has zero interest in sewing, but my son started a quilt. Love the pink and green palette of your jelly roll quilt in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see little ones at a sewing machine. I wish at least one of my boys had shown an interest. Maybe I'll get a chance with my future grands. Thanks for sharing. I hope to see more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super that your son is learning to sew. Let's hope he keeps going ... haven't sewn with a jelly roll for ages but they are such fun and it looks very interesting what you've done so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that he's learning too! I'm sure he'll be able to find another interesting project once he masters the 'sleeping bags'.

    ReplyDelete