Friday, 13 March 2015

Pretty Spring Quilt Top... Almost

It's not a full finish but the main job of piecing is done!  I have a new-found love for pre-cuts and especially jelly rolls.  It is my first but it won't be my last.  This one I bought from Mad About Patchwork when she was visiting my guild, The Arnprior and District Quilter's Guild, with no idea what I was going to do with it.  I just thought it was so pretty.


I found a pattern online but have since watched a few jelly roll races and a very simple and fast project is what I have in mind to do next.  I just bought a kona pastels jelly roll and plan on making a couple baby quilts... or one large one!

This was fun.  I have plans to add a few borders because it needs to fit my daughter's double bed... maybe a few wide borders!

I am sharing my "almost" finish with Quilt Matters for TGIF Friday.  Come on over for a visit!
I am also sharing with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts... still trying to figure this all out!

Happy March Break everyone... my kids are home in less than 30 minutes... ahhhhh!

11 comments:

  1. This is a pretty little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely 'almost' finish! I like the colour combo of this jelly roll, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bright and fun colours in this! Looks like it was a pleasure to piece. Spring thoughts! Yes, the kids are home! Hope you enjoy their time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in this jelly roll are lovely - I like buying jely rolls too because you get such a wide variety of the fabrics in the line. What pattern have you used here? I'm always searching for jelly roll patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fat Quarter Shop has lots of free jelly roll patterns.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just googled 'jelly roll' (a sewer following a quilter's blog) ... wonder how it got that name! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool!, Deb I love jelly roll quilts too. Great fabric choice -- you can never go wrong at Mad About Patchwork, eh? Thanks so much for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is SUCH a beautiful quilt! I adore those bright, beautiful Spring colours! Am looking forward to following your blog, Deb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually write two blogs: initially started writing one about our family life and now write another on quilting. I love doing it.

      Delete