Friday, 29 May 2015

It's Been Fun But It's Done!

From this...


to this...


and finally to this!  Ahhhhhh it's a big finish for me!


The first twin quilt in the order I have signed up for is made... and I truly loved every minute of it!


Quilt Stats:

Pattern:  Framed by Camille Roskelley

Fabric:  Fancy by Moda

Fabric purchased from:  Mad About Patchwork (Stittsville, Ontario)

Size:  Twin bed size

My thoughts:  The pattern (found in the book "Simply Retro by Camelle Roskelley) was very easy to follow.  The whole book is eye candy and the patterns are suited well to someone like me who needs simplicity from a pattern... then I can work the way I think is best but the main idea is clear.  I had to adjust the size of the quilt so it would fit a twin sized bed but that was very easy because the quilt is made up of blocks with sashing throughout.  I just made a couple more rows of blocks and sashing.  Easy peasy.  The other thing I loved about the pattern is it was described in terms of using pre-cut fabric and this was a layer cake cut into a few pieces and a lot of beautiful white fabric to coordinate.

I will be sharing this quilt in our local quilt show (Arnprior District Quilters Guild) next weekend and then it will travel to it's owner.

Today I am sharing this BIG FINISH with:

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

tgiffriday hosted by: Anja Quilts

So now I need to figure out how to get those buttons on my blog post... it looks prettier.






20 comments:

  1. She's big and she's a beauty, Deb. Have fun at the quilt show. I am sure your customer is going to love this gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I replied but it disappeared into cyber space... hmmm. Thanks Lorna!

      Delete
  2. I really like yur quilt. Such fun colors. This is my first time visiting your blog so I have looked at your earlier posts. I like your style of quilting and your color choices. And I love your farm house. It looks so homey and peaceful. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love my home even though I wish it had a mudroom and a finished basement!

      Delete
  3. What a great looking quilt! Such fun happy colors. I am sure your customer is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply love the finished quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a finish! And such a pretty one too. I love patterns that are precut friendly. Sometimes I just want to sew something quick and easy without all the cutting prep work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE pre cuts... cutting is not my favourite thing to do.

      Delete
  7. Wow...great finish. Love your colour choices. I really like this pattern. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love your fabric choices. I think I actually have the book it's in, I might have to dig it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I bought the book.... more quilts to come from that one for sure. Thank you for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! I love your fabric choices. I think I actually have the book it's in, I might have to dig it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her patterns/instructions are perfect for my brain... I like her style.

      Delete
  10. I have that book too. Beautiful quilt you made there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the book so much. I can't wait to make more from it.

      Delete
  11. I'm a big fan of the colors and the happy feel of this quilt - well done!!

    ReplyDelete