Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Quilt Show First-Timer

This past weekend I realized just how far I have come as a quilter.  I love my craft and I got to celebrate some of my achievements by having three of my quilts displayed at the Arnprior and District Quilt Show.  I invited my aunt Janie to join me on a tour of the show and she graciously took some photos of me beside my quilts.

"Just Like the Sea - a Baby Quilt for Harvey"


"Framed"... this one brought tears to my eyes because
it was a big project but I loved every minute of it.




"Jean's Butterfly Quilt" (my daughter)




Not only was seeing my own quilts exciting but I LOVE to see what others have made.  I took all sorts of photos especially of quilts that caught my eye for their colour or pattern.






15 comments:

  1. What lovely quilts!! How marvelous to have them in a show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely quilts!! How marvelous to have them in a show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, your quilts are beautiful! you have found your calling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So talented Deb! LOVE homemade quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Deb, good for you for stepping out and showing your quilts in a show! All three are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts Deb I really like the framed quilt. Your blog looks amazing. Do you have any tips on sizing the photo at the top ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Picasa on my laptop to size that photo... and the size 1000 by 400 sized.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations. They are all lovely projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved that time together Deb! Let's do it again some time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilts and such a happy smiling you! Your work is so show worthy, Deb. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilts Deb! It must have been nice to see three of them hanging up on display. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilts - those butterflies are so sweet. I was so nervous when I first hung quilts in a show earlier this spring. I didn't enter to have them judged but did show them. I was overly concerned with what people would think of them. A good thing to tick off my list so it won't be a big deal next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never entered a quilt show yet, but my guild has one coming up i a month. It's nerve-wracking to think about, mostly because modern quilts are not a big thing in my area. You look so happy and proud in front of your entries, and I'm so happy your aunt captured that for you! Treasure the moment, and thank you for sharing with us. See you over at the New Bloggers forums.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our guild tends to be more on the traditional side of quilting but my quilts had a good reception. I even got a comment that we need a chapter of a modern guild right here in my area.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful quilts, so exciting to have them in a show! I need to remember to enter a couple in the fair this fall.

    ReplyDelete