Friday, 31 July 2015

It Just Came to Me...

I had the urge to put something together really quick.  When I go through my projects and fabric, this fabric always jumps out at me.  It is so pretty.


I bought it as a kit for a "quilt-as-you-go" table-runner but once I started it, I quickly lost interest in the pattern.

I decided to create one quilt block, quilt and bind it so it becomes a table-topper or wall hanging.  My grandmother-in-law has an upcoming birthday and she has always been very interested in my quilting as she has always been an avid sewer (okay... not sure how to spell that or if it is even a word) herself.


I absolutely LOVE how it turned out... all done in an hour or so.


Sometimes abandoning a project just makes better sense then to have it lingering around.  Pretty fabric needs to be used and I much prefer this to what it was supposed to become.  My only regret is that I don't have more of this fabric so I can make something else.  

Today I am sharing my finish with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'd love more of those fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute! Such a happy finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Deb; you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete