Wednesday, 30 September 2015

It's a Change

My focus is shifting.

Last year I had this urge to share more; I have been writing a personal/family blog for a couple years now but I was throwing myself into my craft (quilting) more and more and I wanted to share what I was doing and learn from others.  I took a lot of time to keep both blogs going and quite honestly, I seemed to be more focused on my blog devoted to quilting.  I guess I started this blog mostly because I didn't want to bore my friends and family with my sewing obsession so I kept them separate.

These days I am writing less.  I want to take focus away from my online presence and actually get some projects done.  I cringe when I think of all the time I have spent trying to tweak both blogs.  I don't regret what I have learned but I wish I took more time to write or sew instead of reading blogs and changing the "look" of both sites.  In the end, I seem to have less blog posts than before.  Oh well... moving forward.

What I am going to do is merge both blogs together.

Glenroy Farm Family Chronicles

The Farmhouse Quilter

I have worked hard on my Farmhouse Quilter blog and I love the title.  I like to think of myself as a quilter and my work is done in my farmhouse, which I love... it is part of me.  It is my place of work, sleep, eat, relax... it is my space.  I share it with my husband, children and extended family but I spend the most time there.  Here.


So there you have it; I am moving forward with this change.  I hope many of you enjoy what I share, whether it's my current quilting projects, thoughts about life on our farm, what our children are up to or my own opinions on what's happening in my life.

I share my blog via Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin but you can also receive my blog posts in your inbox.

Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how much work it took to keep both blogs going. Just having one blog can sometimes seem overwhelming. Even if we label ourselves as a quilting blogger we should be able to write about other things we fancy. I love when others give us a sneak peak into their world. It makes everyone feel more real and adds to the sense of community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely keep up with one blog. Don't know how you manage two. Good luck with the merge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel good about it. Like a weight has been lifted.

      Delete
  3. I'M WITH ANJA - IT'S REALLY HARD TO WRITE ONE BLOG, LET ALONE TWO. BTW, YOUR HOUSE LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BELONG IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS - I LIVE IN FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS AND THIS HOUSE FITS IN PERFECTLY HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to continuing to read you posts. I often blend my family stuff with my quilting blog. I know not everyone likes that but it works for me. Plus, I tend to favor quilt blogs that also tell me a bit about the story behind the quilter, I feel like I get to know them better, so, yes, I look forward to learning more about you guys!!

    ReplyDelete