Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Our Newest Addition: Lucy

Last Friday we welcomed our newest addition to our family:  Lucy, our puppy.


Our children have been asking for a puppy for quite some time now but we hesitated because we are a very busy family.  We travel the roads a lot going to dance class, hockey practice and games, meetings and the list goes on.  My husband and I wanted to make sure we were ready for a dog and every now and again our conversation would drift to if our family should get a dog or not.  We live on a farm so it's a great environment for a dog.   We both work from home so we are around during the day and now that our children are older (11, 9 and almost 7 years old) it seems like a really good time for a "baby puppy".  




Now "baby" is the key word here.  Since I am the "mom" in the family, I wanted to make sure I was ready to be up during the night, ready to take the puppy out for regular breaks and train her to not pee and poop in our house or on our lawn near our house (who wants to step in poo?).  




Well I am ready but guess what?  She is so perfect.  She has such a nice personality (calm, sweet, loving) and NO ACCIDENTS in the house... yet!  She sleeps through the night, hasn't chewed very much, doesn't bark very often and is generally a very sweet little dog.  She has been my easiest baby so far!





I think I am in love...


1 comment:

  1. Lucy is adorable and sounds like she is fitting in just fine. Hope you continue to share her as she grows :)

    ReplyDelete