Wednesday, 18 November 2015

A Christmas Project Inspired by FarmGirl Vintage, By Lori Holt

There is something so exciting about learning something new! It's actually quite exhilarating... the process can be daunting, frustrating, all-consuming but once you reach the goal it's like a weight has been lifted and a sense of happiness washes over. I write a blog to share but along the journey I have discovered that it takes up quite a bit of time. I am not a perfectionist but I do have standards and I like to be "in the know" of what is around me. That is probably why I like technology. It is all around us and I want to be a part of it. I have been working at my blog look and functionality for quite a few months now; taking time (some days quite a bit of time) trying to learn ways to make it look pretty and professional. I can honestly say that NOW I am happy with it. That doesn't mean I won't go and tweak this and that but I am now happy with how it works and looks. Cyberspace provides unlimited amounts of information but eventually I need to stop and just let it be for a while. That being said, other than my blog, here is my latest project:

I have been completely and utterly inspired by this book with all of the instagram and blog posts dedicated to the beauty within it:


Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet has created patterns and quilts that call to me... I love her cute patterns, her fabric choices and the beautiful quilt blocks she has created.  I want to make each and every one of her quilt blocks

I just finished this Christmas wall-hanging which included her 6" simple star block within my own design.




I used black and white stripe binding because I love that look.


Right now I am getting ready for a small handmade craft fair in my local community.  I make homemade jam that I will sell but I will also have some Christmas table toppers for sale.  This is a first for me!




6 comments:

  1. Love your wall hanging and your fabric choices. I've seen this book a lot and have wondered if I should get it! Does it contain paper piecing? There seems to be a lot of that about at the moment and it's something I'm not really keen on doing, I just want rotary cut blocks! Good luck with your craft fair. :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to paper-piece either (although I want to learn) and I haven't come across any in the book.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I live in a old farmhouse to, tax records from 1855, we know it's been in hubby family for 5 generations that we know of

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I hope the craft sale went well.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete