Sunday, 1 November 2015

Labour of... well... Love

I know every quilter has that project that takes a long time.  Probably in reality this one of mine didn't take that long but when it is made as a commission project, it did take too long.  I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the fabric initially but definitely grew to love it:


The quilt pattern proved to be a challenge as well because I used a pattern from Camilla Roskelley's Simply Retro (which is an absolutely beautiful book of quilt patterns) but I had to tweak it to fit the look we were going for and therefore I felt I wasn't piecing the blocks together as efficiently as I could have.  This is mostly due to my lack of experience...

BUT in the end...




I think it turned out pretty darn good!  I am very proud of this quilt!

3 comments:

  1. It's a great finish. I love the few pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out pretty darn good too!! :) I love the darker border and the lower volume colors in the blocks. This quilt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Deb. The low volume with bits of color make for a really pretty quilt. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete