Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Handmade Craft Sale

A couple weekends ago I participated in The Goods A Handmade Market; a Christmas craft fair.  It was a last-minute decision for me so I didn't have a lot to sell but I did want to be a part of it.  The products being offered were top-notch, high-quality handmade items and I wanted to be in the same room as these people who were also makers.  The event was also supporting one of our local high school's programs.

It got me thinking that I love working craft sales.  I have decided I want to do more next year.

Here are some photos from my day:




Jean bought these decorated rocks from another vendor (a high school student)... we got a few cute items from others.
One vendor was a 10 year old girl who had baked amazing Christmas cookies.
 She was a firecracker and very friendly; great at promoting herself.
There is NOTHING better to give kids a great experience at making and selling.


Jean was my helper for the morning.  Our weekends are full.  My husband had to take her to dance class and my son to a hockey game before they were able to visit me.  Jean got to stay for the rest of the morning to help me sell.  

Another vendor told me that if I want to participate in craft sales next Christmas season, to start preparing in January!  I guess I know what I will be doing then.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with putting craft shows in your 2016 plans. Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete