Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Camera Freedom



When I was growing up we were not allowed to touch our parent's camera... or any electronic they had for that matter.  It was completely off limits to us.  I think one reason was we didn't have a lot of money but my dad always wanted the latest and best of what was out there and therefore my parent's had to save and spend frugally in order to make expensive purchases.  I also know that there were some control issues going on.

My husband and I don't feel that way with our own children.  We establish a sense of care and then let them use our electronics.  As long as they are careful, we don't have concern and when something happens that makes us unhappy (the ipad drops to the cement floor) then there are some words and a bit of a wake-up call.  That being said, there really haven't been many issues of carelessness in our home.

What I love is finding precious gems like these on my camera:












They do things with abandon... They aren't thinking of the details like ISO setting, battery power etc.

I love allowing our children to grow creatively.  It gives me JOY.
I also love that they captured some fun photos that I didn't have to take!

Have you found any treasures on your camera/cell phone/tablet?

3 comments:

  1. Oh those are treasures. It's so fun to see the kids living and playing - no greater joy. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best kind of photos! Spontaneous and through the eyes of a child. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to find these - my kids are still taking pictures of their feet or the wall, but now I shall look forward to better things ahead!

    ReplyDelete